What is the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
With a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds and a maximum payload of up to 2,280 pounds, the 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity is something to be impressed by every time you get behind the wheel. Thanks to a hydroformed, high-strength steel boxed frame, and several towing features, the Chevy Silverado 1500 is one of the strongest light-duty vehicles that you can buy for your Smithtown drives. You can expect plenty of additional features that will help contribute to your towing experience. You can learn more about the new Chevy Silverado towing capacity and features with Atlantic Chevrolet.
Towing Capacity by Engine Type
The 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity is based on which of the powerful engine options you select from. The full list includes:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: With 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, the 4.3L V6 is capable of towing 7,900 pounds and is the standard option of the Silverado 1500.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Offering 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, it gives the Silverado increased efficiency as well as 9,600 pounds of towing capacity.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: If you select this available engine, you’ll be pulling in 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is further elevated to 11,500 pounds, though if you select active fuel management, towing capacity drops to 10,000 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: With this engine, the Silverado 1500 can tow a maximum of 13,300 pounds on the RST trim. This V8 generates 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque as well, so you can pull anything Huntington throws at you.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: This diesel powertrain upgrade allows you to tow up to 9,500 pounds, as well as putting out 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Silverado 1500 was built to work, and so of course it makes sense that it has features dedicated to making the towing and hauling easier. Some of these features include:
- Trailering Package: The standard package for the Silverado 1500, includes a trailering hitch platform, 2-inch receiver, 4-pin connector, automatic locking rear differential, 7-wire harness, and 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: On select trims, you can take this package which adds the Handling/Trailering suspension package, shock tuning, enhanced rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Another available upgrade is the extended view towing mirrors to make it easier, and safer, to tow around Medford.
Test Out the Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Today
Ready to see what the Chevy Silverado can do for yourself? Or maybe you are ready to order towing mirrors for your own Silverado? Schedule a test drive today by contacting us, or you can speak directly with our parts department who are ready to help in any way possible with genuine OEM parts. You can also check our ever-rotating selection of new vehicle special offers to find the right one for you.
More from Atlantic Chevrolet
Smithtown drivers are looking for a three-row crossover that can provide a range of capabilities, be it passenger space, cargo space, or enhanced power. That is why so many are selecting the 2021 Chevy Traverse for themselves. With seven configurations to choose from that offer their own unique interior and exterior features, as well…
With a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds and a maximum payload of up to 2,280 pounds, the 2021 Chevy Silverado towing capacity is something to be impressed by every time you get behind the wheel. Thanks to a hydroformed, high-strength steel boxed frame, and several towing features, the Chevy Silverado 1500 is one of…
Depending on which Chevy Silverado model you select, the truck bed sizes you can choose for your drives around Smithtown will differ. We have your guide to the Silverado beds available and what you can expect from each pickup. Once you’ve found the Silverado model that is best suited to your needs, whether it’s for…